Financial Literacy - Frequently Asked Questions

Loan Repayment, Forbearance, and Deferment

  • Where do I submit my repayment plan forms?

    Contact your loan servicer. Don't know who your loan servicer is? Log into Student Aid to find out.

  • How do I apply for Forbearance status?

    Most types of forbearance are not automatic—you need to submit a request to your student loan servicer, often using a form. Also, for some types of forbearance, you must provide your student loan servicer with documentation to show that you meet the eligibility requirements for the forbearance you are requesting.

    Learn more about requirements and how to access request forms.

  • Can Student Financial Services sign my Graduate Fellowship Deferment Form?

    Contact the program sponsoring your fellowship, the Student Financial Services office cannot complete section 4 of this form.

  • I am a UCSF employee. Can Student Financial Services sign off on my employment verification form for Public Service Loan Forgiveness?

    UC employees sign up for PSLF on UCPath.

    Find out how at UCnet Public Service Loan Forgivness Program.