Financial Aid Application Steps:
US Citizens/Permanent Residents
- Complete on-line questionnaire at UCSF Financial Aid Portal. A user name and password will be sent to you via e-mail.
- E-sign Federal Direct Loan Master Promissory Note(s) at:
http://studentloans.gov. At this site you will e-sign for both the Subsidized/Unsubsidized loans. If you are interested in funding up to the total cost of attendance, including living expenses, you may also apply for the Graduate PLUS loans.
- Entrance Loan Counseling
- Complete on-line questionnaire at UCSF Financial Aid Portal. A user name and password will be sent to you via U.S. mail.
- Choose a private lender as instructed below.
Here is our 2015-16 private loan lender list. Of course your choice is not limited to those institutions on our list. You may choose any lender you like that offers private educational loans. The borrower benefits listed online on the day the lender pre-approves your loan will apply to you.
Cost of Attendance 2015-2016
*Actual tuition, fees, and charges are subject to change by the Regents of the University of California and could be affected by increases or reductions in State funding, or other developments.
Student Financial Aid establishes a modest, yet adequate cost of living budget to determine financial aid eligibility. This budget includes estimated figures for housing and utilities, food, transportation, personal and miscellaneous, and medical expenses. Students who live less expensively will be able to borrow less!
Estimated Student Budget
|Student Health Insurance:||3783||4782||4365|
|Cost of Living:||25200||25200||25200|
|Books & Supplies:||1146||1146||1146|
When Funds Are Disbursed (All Post Bac Programs)
|Fall funds available by:||August 17, 2015|
|Winter funds available by:||January 4, 2016|
|Spring funds available by:||March 30, 2016|
How Funds Are Disbursed
All students are required to sign-up for Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) for their Federal Direct (Stafford) and PLUS and University funds. Failure to sign-up may result in the delays and inconveniences associated with mailing.
to Complete this EFT process you must do two things:
1. Direct (Stafford)/Graduate PLUS Direct Deposit (EFT) - Follow instructions at this link.
2. Additionally, you must complete a Student Direct Deposit Request Form.
Direct Deposit of Funds
Direct deposit of financial aid to your bank account is available to all financial aid, including Direct (Stafford) and Graduate Plus Loans! Note: We recommend choosing the bank account EFT option to receive funds. Choosing the debit card option will involve incurring additional costs if you intend to use the card to pay your UCSF tuition/fee balance.
* Students must clear any financial aid check holds and register by the registration deadline for that semester in order to qualify for direct deposit of funds by the disbursement date.